Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mr. Sheppard's Big Adventure

As was mentioned earlier, Mr. S got the chance to go to Toronto to the International Motorcycle Spring Show to accept an award for the Kids' Cafe in person.  The school division supported the trip financially, and I was able to make arrangements to go, along with my wife.
During the show I had a chance to oogle the new bikes, as well as talk to some fabricators and builders about the projects they had on display.  I could break the internet with all the photos I took, so I'll just post 1 here... my favourite...
A Norton 961 Cafe Racer.  This bike combines an old-school engine design (albeit with fuel injection and a modern engine management system), with more modern frame, wheels, brakes, and running gear.  You can order "bespoke" bikes direct from the factory in England, and in 4-6 weeks it will arrive at the dealer.  I sure liked the colour, and the idea behind the neo-retro machine.  The fact that it costs more than my last car, however, was not lost on me....  It's fun to dream, however.


The big moment... on Stage 1, host Peter Derry (to left), and CVMG member and magazine editor John Pepper present me with the plaque.  John said some kind words about our program, and I also got a chance to speak as well.  A few people came up and made some comments about the program afterwards.  John had also published a few photos and a write up in the March CVMG newsletter, which also spread the word a bit.  The Norton salesman above recognized me and had heard about the Kids Cafe... very cool!

Please click on the link to the right to learn more about the CVMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment